Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Nut House Staff

(I just can't stop with the "nut house" references. Sorry)

The Wife: That's me. My name is Alicia (uh-LISH-uh). Yes, I feel the need to put that in there because everyone says my name wrong. It's not overly annoying, considering what I deal with, but it's refreshing when even one person gets it right. Here's hoping. Anyway, I'm about to turn 31 (eeeeek! cue the death march), I'm on my 2nd (and better) marriage, I have 3 kids. Wait, backup.....I have 3 BOYS. My oldest, D,  lives in Ohio with my ex husband but I'm working on that. I'm trying to get back into school to finish my BA in Cultural Anthropology with a minor in History. I'm pretty much a sucker for Medieval Europe. I embrace my nerd status.

The Marine: That's my husband. Although he hates it when I call him that. He's been a Marine since 2008. He's getting out this November. He's a couple classes away from finishing his BA in Criminal Justice. He wants to be a cop when we move back home. (he is exchanging a job with long hours and danger for a job with long hours and danger...brilliant).

The Monster: This is G. He is the purpose for the blog. G is 3 years old. You'll see me refer to him as "G" or "monster" most of the time. He is one of the smartest kids I've ever met. But at the same time.....he has trouble. He's book smart. He can count, he knows colors and shapes, he knows left and right and up and down.....but he can't articulate what he wants. For example if he says "I want that." I will reply with "Want what? What do you want?" His response is to repeat what he said. "I want that."

The Fat One: This is L. The little brother. L is going to be 1 next month. (anyone know a way to stop that from happening? Now would be a great time to tell me.) He's normally a happy baby. Always smiling or laughing. But I fear he might have the same issues as G. Maybe even a little delayed. He's not talking or walking and he's having some trouble feeding himself. We'll see how that develops.

There we are. The "Nut House Staff". I hope to get to know you all, share stories and really help each other. No one should go through this journey alone. I'll end this post with some pictures of the Staff. Enjoy.








No comments:

Post a Comment